The Friday Night Sew-in turned into an on-and-off-all-Friday-sew-in. As I had no out of the house commitments, I decided to dedicate as much of the day as possible to achieving a few sewing goals:
1. Bury threads on circle quilt
2. Two sets of potholders
3. Two PJ pants for nephews
4. Work on husband quilt
5. We’ll see!
Here is my report:
1. Bury threads on circle quilt. DONE! It took longer than I expected–over an hour–and is not my favorite part of quilting, but it is finished.
2. Two sets of potholders. DONE! At least they are assembled and the bindings are on. The rest is details that will be taken care of with a single car trip or football game.
3. Two PJ pants for nephews. DONE! And the third pair is laid out and ready to cut.
4. Work on husband quilt. WHOOPS! Didn’t touch it. Darn it.
5. We’ll see! WE DID. I have a Christmas charity that I support each year. It provides stockings for Youth in Custody. I have committed to 35 this year and they need to be complete by December 10. Time to get serious about this one. So, I spent some time on the phone requesting donations of filler items and got out fabric for stockings. I even have one cut out. Just 34 more to go. Remind me next year to start in October. Or, better yet, September.
And, that’s it.
Pictures and more details on each project are coming. I can’t decide if I am a lazy blogger or a busy blogger, but getting pictures of everything and loading them just wasn’t on my list today. Sorry, but, really, I promise they are coming soon.
Did you sew? How did it go?