It all started with what I think was a set of fabric line samples–squares measuring about 4-1/4″. I trimmed them to 4″.
Pulling from my stash of larger, uncut scraps, and some background fabric, they turned into stars.
Twenty stars to be exact. (Laid out on my trusty design bed.)
Add sashing and, ta-dah, you have a baby quilt.
I went back and forth on adding an outer border and settled on “no border.” (I would like to say it was a thoughtful design choice, but it might have been influenced by the realization that I didn’t have enough of that particular background fabric to put on a border and nothing else matched exactly. But, we’ll just keep that between you and me.)
Just needs quilting to finish. Fun!