Things I have learned this week:
1. Oxygen. Is. Really. Important.
2. If your lungs sound anything like a hungry stomach, that is a bad sign.
3. If your lungs sound anything like crunching a bag of potato chips, that is a bad sign, too.
4. Sleep is good.
5. Nebulizers are gross, but helpful.
6. Pneumonia doesn’t always hurt.
7. I have bad side effects from Codeine.
8. Honey is a good alternative to Codeine.
9. It is farther from the bed to the couch than I realized.
10. It takes a long time to get over pneumonia. The doctor said “One month.” I said, “How about two weeks?” He said, “How about 10 days in the hospital?” I said, “A month sounds good to me.”
11. I appreciate my friends and their kind words and encouragement. A lot. Thank you.