I spotted this at a yard sale about a month ago. Oh. My. Heck. That is one beautiful shirt. But, when I pulled it out of the pile, it was obviously the wrong size. (Sorry for the picture quality. I am not a master of selfie photography. Thank goodness.)
But, it was one dollar.
And….it came home with me.
Surprisingly, the refashion was fairly easy. The shoulders were already the right width, which simplified things considerably. I used an existing shirt that fit well and laid it over this one to mark a cutting line. Two quick seams and a serger later, ta-dah! A new shirt.
I did decide to add a center dart to make the back fit better. It is long, but not worth redoing the hem for. We’ll pretend it was supposed to be that way.
I love my “new” shirt. And, it came with a little something extra.
As it is 100% cotton and good quality fabric, I cut charm squares from the fabric removed. What a bonus–perfect color shirt and some quilting parts included!