About 11pm last night, April 7, I put the last stitches in THE Hundred Patch top.
The small squares started at 1-1/2″. The narrow sashing likewise started at 1-1/2″ and the wider sashing between the blocks at 2-1/2″.
In case you are counting, and if I counted correctly, there are 5749 pieces in the completed top. Just over 8-1/2 yards of rescued fabric scraps in those tiny squares. Looking at it, I am surprised at how red/orange/yellow it is. I don’t mind, but I would have guessed it would “read” cool as those are the colors I thought I used most.
I feel oddly emotional this morning as I take pictures and fold the top to put away until there is a back for it. (Pictures inside only because the wind is blowing hard.) Thank you to everyone who provided help and support–fabric scraps, encouragement, and time I could spend on sewing because you cooked dinner or worked on laundry or drove the children places.
There is still a long ways to go, but this step is complete. It is assembled.