As I continue to clean and dig I keep coming across old projects. Today it was this little tin of 1-1/2″ squares with a snowball block on top. With a square in the middle. I think it was leftovers from an old project of Daughter’s.
But, the more I looked at it I thought, “That would make a really attractive scrappy block.”
So, I tried one. Somehow in my mind the scale was off (seam allowances) and I turned it the wrong way. Whoops! I don’t like this look nearly as much.
Here is the second try. Much more successful.
Looking at it beside the inspiration piece, you can start to see how it will look. I think I like it! Let’s call it Happy Accident.