Nearly three years ago I got the notion that I could take my standard Hundred Patch quilt and change the scale. Instead of basing it on 2″ squares, why not 1-1/2″?
It turns out that there are probably several reasons why not, but I forged ahead anyway. I knew I would need A LOT of 1-1/2″ squares, so I made a point of cutting scrap nearly daily for a year. That way I had a good supply built up. Many of the pieces of fabric were very small, but they were enough and over time the box was looking good.
February 2015 was my start date for piecing. As some of you know, last year was the year of baby quilts around here, but this got a lot of sewing time anyway as my leader-ender. Just put some squares next to my machine and rarely leave a needle empty.
April 2016 saw a finished top, only 14 months in the making.
It look a while to find the perfect back, get it to the quilter and get it home again. Waiting was hard. I felt like a piece of myself (or, rather, 5700+ pieces of myself) was missing. We have been together for a long time.
But now it is finished and I am so pleased.
It is hard to photograph due to size and sun and dirt and all the things that are reality in our lives. But, here it is. Thank you to all who have followed and supported this journey. Scrappy happy!