If you are looking for a scrap quilt pattern that is versatile, good looking, beginner friendly, group friendly, quick and just plain FUN, you have found it: Welcome Home Quilt Block.
Yes, all of these are Welcome Home Blocks!
As long as the pieces match up, it does not matter what order you assemble them–traditional log cabin, court house steps, random–they all look good.
MATERIALS (for each block–it takes 48 blocks to make a 60″ x 80″ quilt)
From a variety of scraps, cut…
2 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ squares
2 2-1/2″x4-1/2″ strips
2 2-1/2″ x 6-1/2″ strips
2 2-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ strips
1 2-1/2″ x 10-1/2″ strip
- Stitch the 2-1/2″ squares together. Press.
- Add the 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ strips, matching ends and pressing between each.
- Add the 2-1/2″ x 6-1/2″ strips, matching ends and pressing between each.
- Add the 2-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ strips, matching ends and pressing between each.
- Add the 2-1/2″ x 10-1/2″ strip, matching ends. Press.
- Ta-dah! That’s it. Now, go make a whole bunch more.
Yep, this quilt was built with just such blocks! Aren’t you excited?! Go build 48 blocks and have a nice size quilt people will cuddle under with love.